As a candidate for District 8B this year, it is most important that I THANK YOU for your support and encouragement! I remain humbled by your endorsement and the honor of running to represent you in St. Paul.
November 13th I was welcomed warmly by my faith family. Then I knew--even though I was bruised and beaten by the numbers--my desire to represent ALL the people of 8B had not been defeated. I remain convinced that when elected, a citizen legislator is meant to represent everyone in his or her district, not just those who cast votes for them.
Where is District 8B?
- Most of Alexandria, Carlos, Miltona, Nelson, Osakis and
- 7 townships in eastern Douglas County
- Bluffton, Clitherall, Deer Creek, Henning, New York Mills, Ottertail, Parkers Prairie, Richville, Urbank, Vining and
- 26 townships in eastern Otter Tail County. [click for map]
Text for ads being broadcast on radio and television are available on Campaign Page.
Citizen legislators, not career politicians
Kulp believes people are best served by a citizen legislator—a person who desires to serve the people she represents—rather than someone who wants a career in politics with special privileges.
A citizen legislator works effectively with others by being respectful, honest, practical, fair and diligent.
- Willing to listen to your concerns with genuine interest and respect.
- Confident in the basic good character of Minnesota citizens.
- Certain Minnesota citizens make sound decisions when they have complete and accurate information.
- Dedicated to making decisions based on facts.
- Serious about using tax dollars wisely–knowing they are investments in our future.
- Committed to getting the work of the Legislature done on time.
- Passionate about protecting and improving the quality of life in rural Minnesota.
Think your vote doesn’t matter?
The 2012 election for House District 8B was so close it went to a recount. Only 12 votes decided the winner!