Energized for 2018 As a candidate for District 8B in 2016, I met great people from one end of the district to the other. I continue to be THANKFUL for the support and encouragement offered by so many! While it truly was an honor running to represent you in St. Paul, it wasn't enough. You and I have no voice and no representation in St. Paul!
Know this -- my desire to represent ALL the people of 8B was not defeated. That's why I am taking steps to reactivate the campaign and my "kitchen cabinet." As a citizen legislator I promise to represent everyone in the district by listening to their concerns and ideas.
Where is District 8B?
- Most of Alexandria, Carlos, Miltona, Nelson, Osakis and
- 7 townships in eastern Douglas County
- Bluffton, Clitherall, Deer Creek, Henning, New York Mills, Ottertail, Parkers Prairie, Richville, Urbank, Vining and
- 26 townships in eastern Otter Tail County. [click for map]
Citizen legislators, not career politicians
Kulp believes people are best served by a person who desires to serve the people she represents—rather than someone who wants use the position to play politics in order to gain special privileges and publicity.
A citizen legislator works effectively with others by being respectful, honest, practical and fair.
- Understands that all the people of 8B deserve to be represented.
- Listens to concerns with genuine interest and respect.
- Knows what it's like to live on a lower middle class income.
- Makes decisions by balancing heartfelt needs with reasonable solutions.
- Uses government resources wisely–knowing they are investments in our future.
- Believes it is everyone's job to protect and improve the quality of life in Minnesota.
Think your vote doesn’t matter?
The 2012 election for House District 8B was so close it went to a recount. Only 12 votes decided the winner!